Monday, March 28, 2011

35.6 weeks

Baby Jake Update- 35.6 weeks

by Erin Castellano on Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 10:19pm
So today's appointment was good. Considering news about his "tumor" is changing. I'm not even sure what to call it. At first I was frustrated that the doctors don't know whats happening and why its changing, but now I think it must be the divine grace of God and the power of prayer if there are truly no answers. The tumor that was on his backside externally is now looking as if it as shrunk. He looks like he now has a swollen bottom and right leg. Internally, the cystic mass seems to be the same size. Due to it being so cystic, and making things appear to be "swollen" they are leaning towards a lymphatic malformation like last week and further away from an SCT. If it is lymphatic, he will not need surgery right away, if at all. The doctor stated that it would be something they would just keep an eye on and he could possibly come home sooner. I asked her about draining the fluid and she said that would not be necessary unless it was causing any internal problems. Which is has yet to do so. Today the doctor said that if it continues to look this way, it may just go away on its own. But....the lymphatic malformation can also be related to a syndrome. This is something they will not know for sure until he is out and they can run blood tests and get a real idea of what they are working with. As in what kind of syndrome? I don't know. She mentioned a few today, that I cannot remember off the top of my head. So I don't want to get my hopes up thinking everything is going to be A-Okay, its still a waiting game, but things are looking up. The doctor also mentioned that Jake is now head down. Amazing considering he has been breach for the past two months. I did not know what a concern this posed until today. The doctor stated that the fact that he is now head down goes to show that neurologically, everything is working. His brain and body are understanding that labor and delivery are near and that is a pretty big deal. Which I think leans us away from him having any sort of syndrome. So, we'll see. We now have a delivery date of May 27th. I am feeling a little anxious and relieved all at the same time. I have two appointments a week over the next 3 weeks and then he is here! Amazing. I can only pray appointments continue to get better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment