Monday, March 28, 2011

Last Update before C-Section

Last Baby Jake Update...before Baby Jake arrives

by Erin Castellano on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:26pm
 
Had my last NST and pre-op today. Asked several questions regarding the c-section and Jakes after care. As long as the c-section goes smoothly, Jake will be delivered and passed on to the pediatricians. He will be checked over and if he is good, I should get a chance to see him before I go into recovery. He will be taken for immediate tests and his "lymphatic malformation or SCT" will be diagnosed. Our doctor said that by Friday we should have answers. I should be discharged Saturday or Sunday and we are hoping from there we can go straight into the Ronald McDonald House. Depending on Jakes condition, determines how long his hospital stay will be in the NICU. Its it all unknown...and Im so glad the "unknown" wont be much longer. I am so anxious for him to be out and get the help he needs. The sooner he gets help, the sooner he can come home!
I cannot believe I have carried Jake this long. From the first diagnosis, I truly thought this was it. I read stories about very early deliveries and very sick babies. The diagnosis was not good, and the doctors were concerned. Abortion was also mentioned as an option, but was never an option for me. Unbelievable that things have turned out the way they have.
Bryce has been so sweet and loves hugging my belly. He says, "Hi Baby Jake". I cannot believe hes going to be a big brother! It just makes him seem to grow up so fast. He heads to Kikis tomorrow. Its hard because he cannot even visit the hospital. So Im sure I will be anxious to get out and see him.
Stevens mama is also here from Seattle and she has been a ton of help. Thanks "Damma"
Please pray for a healthy baby Jake and a quick recovery for myself. I just cannot believe this is here. I thought it would be here long ago. I am so glad I have carried him this long. Means less complications. Also means the diagnosis of it being an SCT is not likely. Meaning possibly no surgery.
Love you all and thank you for everyones prayers. We are staying positive.
Thursday May 27th@ 9am!

No comments:

Post a Comment