Monday, March 28, 2011

Update #8

Baby Jake #8- 33.6 weeks pregnant

by Erin Castellano on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 3:12pm
 
So I feel like I am a bit on information overload. Had an NST (Non Stress Test) this morning where they just hook me up to monitors and watch Jake's heart rate and my contractions for 20 minutes. I was hooked up for 40 minutes because they were busy. Had a few contractions during that time. Jake's heart rate looked great.
Next went into my doctors appointment. I was told that our case was discussed again in the surgeon/peds doctors meeting this morning. The radiologist brought up the swelling in Jake's right leg that was found last week. They are saying it is "lymphatic". Now this has never been known to be related to an SCT (tumor). So...now they are saying that they actually don't know what's wrong with Jake and if he even has an SCT. They discussed delivering me now, but all agreed that it would be better if he can wait until 39 weeks and his lungs are fully developed and he can breath on his own, one less complication. So as long as Jake remains stable, he stays in. I honestly don't know what all of this means. I don't have any answers because the doctors don't have any answers. Its all a waiting game until Jake arrives and they can see for themselves whats going on.
This pregnancy feels so normal and I feel him kicking a lot that sometimes I forget that there is something wrong with him. Yet we are tired of waiting for our lives to be turned upside down. Whatever Jake has going on with him, I am trying to trust in the doctors that they know what is best. Its just hard to do that when they have no answers.
I also had an emergency meeting today with the anesthesiologist. I had such insane complications with my last epi that I wanted to make sure they were aware of it and had paperwork from Inland Valley. They said I will have a spinal during the c-section, so hopefully that works out fine too. We meet with the peds surgeon on Thursday and he will give us an idea of what they plan to do with Jake if it is an SCT and what they plan to do if its not. Hopefully he can explain a little more what we are dealing with. I have another ultrasound next week and that should determine where we go from here. Whether he stays put or comes out. Its all a waiting game and I'm so ready for it to be over. Patience........

No comments:

Post a Comment